Vote for Rentalic at the Paypal Developer Challenge
I am writing to you to get your vote in helping my company http://www.rentalic.com advance into the final round of a high profile innovation competition sponsored by PayPal. Rentalic.com is a Sri Lankan founded company in the Silicon Valley(San Francisco, USA) and there are 3 other Sri Lankans in the company's leadership team.
There are 50+ innovative ideas competing in this competition. This is a tremendous opportunity for Rentalic.com to get access into the high profile venture capitalists community who funded reputed companies like ebay, google, facebook, etc., and will help us obtain additional funding that will be used to directly benefit everyone and fulfill the company's vision to "Help Make the World a Better Place by Building Economically and Environmentally Sustainable Communities". Winning this award would open up the doors for us to make a Sri Lankan founded company a popular brand name on the web and has the potential to contribute towards the advancement of the web 2.0 technology in Sri Lanka.
WE REALLY REALLY NEED YOUR VOTE!
HERE ARE THE VOTING INSTRUCTIONS:
(1) Go to: http://tinyurl.com/ybpu2hv
(2) When you click on the link above, you will be directed to the PayPal login page. Login with your Paypal ID or if you dont have a paypal account, sign up for a new account (The sign-up process is easy. They don't ask for personal financial information and you dont even have to verify your email address to be eligible to vote. As soon as you fill in the simple form and click on "Create Account", you will be re-directed to the voting page. If you don't want a PayPal account, you can just ignore that account after you vote)
(3) Once logged in, you will be re-directed to Rentalic's competition page. If you don't get re-directed, click on the "Developer Challenge" link to get to the voting page. (If you get re-directed to the main developer challenge page instead of Rentalic's voting page, you can search for D914 to find Rentalic's entry.)
(4) Locate the "Click to Vote" link to the left of the title "A market place for renting...." and click on the "Click to Vote" link. Initially the "Click to Vote" link is grey. After you vote, it should turn blue, meaning that PayPal has registered your vote.
(5) Please ensure that you only vote for Rentalic's entry. If you vote for multiple entries, only the last vote will be taken into consideration.
Details about the competition:
The PayPal X Developer Challenge is a contest that rewards applications using PayPal's new Adaptive Payments APIs that will change how we pay. Announced in November 2009, developers were tasked with building innovative payment applications for businesses in areas such as services, social media, gaming, mobile and consumer electronics. Finalists will be determined by popular vote on x.com (registration required), and a panel of distinguished judges, including Chairman of eBay Inc., Pierre Omidyar, President of PayPal, Scott Thompson, General Partner of Andreessen/Horowitz, Marc Andreessen, Sequoia Capital's Roelof Botha, and Intuit’s Scott Cook, who will choose the top two prize winners. Voting is open from February 22nd – March 5th; the official voting link may be found here. The first and second prizes are $50,000 and $25,000 in cash, respectively and $50,000 and $25,000, respectively in waived PayPal transaction fees. Winners will be announced at DEMOspring2010 in March. Follow the conversation at #paypalx and #xcontest!
Punsri Abeywickrema, Founder & CEO
Rent . Share . Be Green